[exim] Any docs on what I want?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Maggard
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Any docs on what I want?
Please keep inmind I am pretty new with exim & linux so I may not explain this the best way and may be asking dumb questions.
I am wanting to setup an automated email system(running off of BerkeleyDB files programatically modified by C) that will be setup as follows:
I need to be able to add domains and aliases(domain.com & mail.domain.com) and map them to folders like $MAILROOT/domain.com/account. I need to be able to add accounts and aliases that may go to the same domain(support@???->bill@???) or possibly a seperate domain (accounting@???->john@???) and perferably able to forward to multiple addresses (tech@???->techsupport@???&tech@???).

From what I have read Exim seems well suited to be automated in this manner and I am sure someone has done this before and I was hoping someone may have done a writeup or something so I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. I should tell you that I just finished a app that replicates data from Postgresql to BerkeleyDB that I am hoping to adapt for this portion of the project.

I would really appriciate any help anyone could provide me, whether it is instruction on the web or even I book I should buy that will give me a better understanding of exim.

Thanks for your time,
David Maggard

PS: Coming from using windows for the past 5 years I gotta say, working with linux and its friends is fun.