Re: [exim] submission+auth+sender

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Rindfuss
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] submission+auth+sender
Philip, Thanks a lot for your reply.

As we use the user@domain authentication style in other contexts as
well (imap+webmail), your second idea does not help me.

The third idea sounds very good.

Thought number one would certainly provide a solution, but I guess
there would be more work involved.

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, I wrote:
>
> > > My wish for the wishlist: When the Sender: header is constructed,
> > > it should be tested if $authenticated_id is a fully qualified address
> > > or not. If so, $qualify_domain should not be appended.
> >
> > I will think about this. Thank you for pointing it out.
>
> First thought: local parts are allowed to contain "@" characters, so
> just checking for the presence of @ is not good enough.[*] We have to
> have another trigger/switch/option.
>
> Second thought: you can already say
>
> control = submission/domain=x.y.z
>
> which uses the domain x.y.z to qualify the authenticated id. I don't
> know if it is easy to make use of this for your current situation.
>
> Third thought: I could modify things so that
>
> control = submission/domain=
>
> (that is, setting an empty domain) checks for an @ and, if present,
> leaves the address alone. Would this be helpful?

---
Peter Rindfuss
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung
(Social Science Research Center Berlin, Germany)
email: rindfuss@???
phone: +49-30-25491-566 fax: +49-30-25491-558