Re: [exim] submission+auth+sender

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: rindfuss
Aihe: Re: [exim] submission+auth+sender
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, I wrote:

> > My wish for the wishlist: When the Sender: header is constructed,
> > it should be tested if $authenticated_id is a fully qualified address
> > or not. If so, $qualify_domain should not be appended.
>
> I will think about this. Thank you for pointing it out.

First thought: local parts are allowed to contain "@" characters, so
just checking for the presence of @ is not good enough.[*] We have to
have another trigger/switch/option.

Second thought: you can already say

control = submission/domain=x.y.z

which uses the domain x.y.z to qualify the authenticated id. I don't
know if it is easy to make use of this for your current situation.

Third thought: I could modify things so that

control = submission/domain=

(that is, setting an empty domain) checks for an @ and, if present,
leaves the address alone. Would this be helpful?

Philip

[*] Perhaps if more people created login names that contained @ it might
server to confuse some of the spamware. For a while.