Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tony Finch
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
Hi !!

>>you could also check the message body for a special header added
>>by your mta and reject any bounce without that header,
>
> No you can't

well, we do.

> because some kinds of bounces (e.g. vacation messages)
> traditionally don't include any of the original message. Even more normal
> bounces might have abbreviated message headers.

by now we do not accept any kind of bounce which does not include
the full headers, we take a look also at the subject to try to
distinguish bounces from vacation messages, altough i'm also tired
of receiving vacation messages sent in response to some virus faking
my email.

>>but at the end all methods have they own problems.
>
> If you know of any problems with BATV that aren't mentioned in the
> specification, I'm happy to be told about them.

no, but it has problems. BTW, looks like it's only targeted at
detecting bounces generated by faked messages altough the whole
draft looks a bit confusing to me, i would be pleased if you can
outline how it works in a more plain way.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53