Re: [exim] String Expansion in Filters

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [exim] String Expansion in Filters
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:02:43 -0700 (PDT), Doug Jolley <d2jcell@???> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I fear that I may be missing something pretty
> basic; but, I can't get the following filter
> file to work:
>
> # Exim filter
>
> if ${if eq {xy}{xy} {true}{false}} is true
> then
> deliver doug@???
> endif
>
> It's complaining about not recognizing the "eq"
> condition word. I thought Exim's full compliment
> of string expansion capabilities were available
> in filters. Assuming that they are, I must be
> missing something pretty basic; but, I can't
> put my finger on it. If someone would point it
> out (so I could move on), I'd greatly appreciate
> it. Thanks.

I'll probably get flamed for this.... you need to read the filter
language definition in the docs - startin at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/filter_toc.html.

You've tried to use config file syntax - filters are different.

Your condition will finish up something like:

if "xy" is "xy" then
deliver doug@???
endif

Peter