Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mark Moseley
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: David
Kopio: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
> we have some similar stats and numbers show us that altough spf is
> growing, fighting spam is a matter of combining all available
> techniques. No one by itself totally solves the problem, but a
> combination of all of them make the difference. So there is no
> reason to drop any of them.

Certainly. The more the merrier. And any new (and open source) system
that gains even half the traction of SPF and gets me another 130,000
rejects will be welcome.

Ironically, my best numbers are from HELO checks (like checks for a
HELO of just IPs, forged IPs, etc, i.e., not DNS checks on the HELO
data), which netted 2 million rejects yesterday, and again with no
more than one or two false positives over the course of months.

Which makes me conclude that I'll worry more about spammers being
clever enough to deploy SPF records and undermining its effectiveness
*after* they get smart enough to use legit-looking HELO data ;)