[exim] submission+auth+sender-header

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Rindfuss
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] submission+auth+sender-header
This is about exim 4.42.

For hosts in our local network, I set control=submission in the RCPT-
acl. Some hosts, mainly mobile computers, always authenticate their
SMTP connections to the Exim server, even when they are on the local
net. In this situation, Exim removes any Sender: header, constructs a
new one as $authenticated_id@$qualify_domain, compares this to the
From: header, and if there is a difference, adds the newly
constructed Sender: header. (See manual page 319, 44.14).
Unfortunately, the $authenticated_id here is not a simple username,
but is a fully qualified address, i.e. username@domain. Exim now adds
Sender: "username@domain"@domain, which is pretty ugly.

My wish for the wishlist: When constructing the Sender: header, check
if $authenticated_id is already a qualified address. If yes, do not
append @qualify_domain (and do not use quotation marks).

---
Peter Rindfuss
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung
(Social Science Research Center Berlin, Germany)
email: rindfuss@???
phone: +49-30-25491-566 fax: +49-30-25491-558