Re: [exim] exim on MacOSX

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Ian Eiloart, Exim-Users (E-mail)
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim on MacOSX
At 9:01 pm +0100 2004/09/22, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>--On Wednesday, September 22, 2004 7:03 pm +0200 Giuliano Gavazzi
><eximlists@???> wrote:
>
>>At 5:01 pm +0100 2004/09/22, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>>>Thanks. Compiles nicely now, as long as I set the following in
>>>OS/Makefile-Darwin:
>>>
>>>DBMLIB =/usr/local/lib/libdb.dylib
>>>
>>>I've submitted a Portfile to darwinports with those changes, and
>>>updates to the latest exim and exiscan.
>>
>>wait a second, I have /usr/lib/libdbm.dylib and not the one you say; also
>>I don't need to define that to build exim.
>>
>>Giuliano
>
>Oh what am I saying. Actually, I used /usr/local/lib/libdb.dylib
>
>I don't understand why I had to specify it, I don't really
>understand Makefiles very well. Still, I'm not the only person to
>have that problem, a similar one is reported in the Darwinports
>bugzilla.

I see (I found the bug you refer to), it is a problem with db
versions. You have installed db4 from Darwinports, haven't you? I
have not. Perhaps that removes the original /usr/lib/libdb.dylib.
This is my exim:

% ./exim -bV
Exim version 4.42 #2 built 22-Sep-2004 13:43:09
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Support for: PAM OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz
dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm passwd pgsql
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mbx autoreply pipe smtp

yours will probably say db4.

Giuliano