[exim] PLAIN AUTH misdocumentation again

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael V. Sokolov
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] PLAIN AUTH misdocumentation again
I'm trying to configure plain auth now, and all works fine when MUA send
string like: AUTH PLAIN b64string
But, as written in http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec.html:
"..Alternatively, the client may just send
AUTH PLAIN
to initiate authentication, in which case the server replies with an empty
prompt. The client must respond with the combined data string."
And in this case i've got
AUTH PLAIN
535 Incorrect authentication data
As far as i googled this question, i'm not firs one:
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030512/053721.html

In 4.10 spec really was example with server_condition = ${if and {{eq{$2}
{ph10}}{eq{$3}{secret}}}{yes}{no}}
but now it's again lost :-(

And i have no idea what {ph10} means

Please help me to upgrade my following server_condition to gain compatibility
with MUAs such as The Bat!:
server_condition = ${lookup mysql{MYSQL_Q_AUTHPWD1}{1}fail}
and query is like:
MYSQL_Q_AUTHPWD1=SELECT email FROM MYSQL_EMAILTABLE WHERE email='$2' AND
passwd='$3'

--
SA@Ecros, call: 6965