Re: [exim] Prevent email routing by default

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Woodhouse
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim
Kopio: exim-users@exim.org
Aihe: Re: [exim] Prevent email routing by default
On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 11:52 -0500, exim@??? wrote:
> Is there some configuration option that I can use to prevent any
> emails being routed via the server to non-local (i.e. remote ) email
> addresses, unless the email originates from a FQDN that I explicitly
> authorize using host_accept_relay?

That should be the default -- anything less would make you an open
relay.

> Incidentally, in the line
> host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : ::::1
> what does the trailing "1" stand for?

That's a confusing way of writing it. It's easier if you change the list
separator to ';' instead of ':':

host_accept_relay = <; 127.0.0.1 ; ::1

> What am I allowing by including
> this value that is included in the default exim.conf file?

You are allowing relaying from both the IPv4 and IPv6 localhost
addresses; 127.0.0.1 and ::1 respectively.

--
dwmw2