Re: [exim] using $recipients in transports - exim 4.34

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andy Rabagliati
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] using $recipients in transports - exim 4.34
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Andy Rabagliati wrote:

> For interaction with a legacy UUCP system, I want a transport
> like this :-
>
> ##################################
> wcsn:
> driver = pipe
> command = "uux - $host!rmail $recipients"
> return_fail_output
> user = nobody
>
> ##################################

Problem. $recipients, when it is available, lists ALL the recipients of
a message. A pipe transport may be delivering only SOME of them. There
is no variable that contains that list.

> check_message:
> accept set acl_m0 = $recipients

Hmm. Should work according to the docs, though it won't do what you
want if it does!

> rmail:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = ! +local_domains
> route_list = * uucp
> transport = wcsn
>
> begin transports
>
> wcsn:
> driver = pipe
> command = "uux - $host!rmail $acl_m0"
> return_fail_output
> user = nobody

Since you have not changed batch_max from its default, you will in fact
only get one recipient at a time in this transport.

> But I find acl_m0 unset at this stage - I see only "uucp!rmail"

Try running with debugging turned on, that might help. You *did* submit
your test message over SMTP, didn't you?

I have never used UUCP, but my impression was that people made use of
batch SMTP for passing over envelope addresses - is that an alternative?