Re: [exim] Regexp for catching "prefixed" Message-ID: fields…

Author: Juha Saarinen
To: exim-users
CC: Tor Slettnes
Subject: Re: [exim] Regexp for catching "prefixed" Message-ID: fields?
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:02:31 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:

> Why "accidentally"? That is a genuine format error.

Yes, I used the wrong word there -- unintentionally, as in "whoops, I
didn't meant to block that particular format error". :-)

> The header line was
>
> To: <Undisclosed-recipient:;>
>
> The correct form for that line is
>
> To: Undisclosed-recipient:;
>
> > I reckon that's a bug in MS Outhouse etc, because it uses semi-colons
> > as an address separator but anyway, it's something one has to live
> > with.
>
> It's attempting to use "group" syntax, but sticking it inside <>, which
> is totally mad. Perhaps it's too much to expect MS programmers to be
> able to read the BNF syntax definitions in RFCs. On this point, RFC 2822
> is clear enough:
>
> group           =       display-name ":" [mailbox-list / CFWS] ";"
>                         [CFWS]

Oh right, I didn't think of the angle brackets. I'll file a bug report
with MS on this, just out of curiosity.

> Only by not doing it. You could, for instance, put something like this
> in your ACL;
>
>    require   condition = ${if eq{$h_to:}{<Undisclosed-recipient:;>}{no}{yes}}
>              verify    = header_syntax

Thanks, will give that a spin.

--

Juha