Re: [exim] moving to exim

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] moving to exim
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:57:01 +0200, Brent Clark <bclark@???> wrote:
> For my new company I have just joined.
> Ive decided remove M$ exchange to make the plunge and use Exim4 (used to use
> Qmail at previous co).
>
> Would anyone please be so kind as to maybe point to some examples, or links
> (not exim.org) etc.
>
> An kind of assistants would be greatly be appreciated.
> I am totally clueless about Exim.

Hello Brent

The canonical place to learn about Exim is the Specification which can
be found on the www.exim.org website, or with your Exim distribution.
It contains all the definitions you're looking for, along with huge
amounts of information about how Exim works. You don't need to know
all of this, but it will help you get to grips with the basics and let
you ask better questions here when you need specific help.

Philip's Exim4 book (http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/ - available from
the usual sources) is excellent reading also - it contains more
background explanation and examples than the spec document, although
it is becoming a little dated as Exim takes on more features.

This is a bit of a 'RTFM' answer - people here will gladly answer your
specific questions as you work through your Exim implementation, but
it will pay you to go through the docs yourself first.

Good luck....

Peter