Re: [exim] Newbie spam bounce retries question (without disc…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Sean Hoggard
Kopio: exim-users, David Woodhouse
Aihe: Re: [exim] Newbie spam bounce retries question (without disclaimer)
On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 14:54 +0100, Sean Hoggard wrote:
> I think I may be missing something, how do I inform people that their
> mail has been rejected as a likely spam, with the best will in the
> world, no spam filter is going to be 100% accurate

a SMTP reject code will cause the sending server to inform the sender of
the problem. In the case of a legitimate sender they will probably get
some form of bounce message. Spam-ware will see the code and move on.

Please do not top post your replies - it really breaks up the message
thread. Quote the relevant stuff and add reply text to that. If none
of the original is now relevant then don't ship the whole thing back
again.
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html