Re: [exim] Pre-emptive fallback hosts ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jerry Nicholls
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Pre-emptive fallback hosts ?
On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 12:34, Chris Edwards wrote:

> First of all you'll need a way to flag when too many emails fail or defer.
> I'd be inclined to use a log-watcher script, but no idea if that's
> practical in your environment. Whatever, I guess you'll end up with a
> table of maybe-compromised customer IP addresses.

I'd prefer not to have any external process with this. I already do a
'reverse' grey list on senders, ie if they send to too many recipients
too fast they get 4xx errors on subsequent RCPTs until a timeout occurs.
All that's done with a MySQL database and ACL logic. I was hoping I
could do the same for this instance. I can't currently figure out how to
update the database when a router has deferred or failed tho'.

> Then you'd simply add a "sendtofallback" router, which comes before the
> main dnslookup router, and punts all mail from those IP to the fallback
> host.

Yup, that's what I was planning :-)

Jerry.
--