Re: [exim] retries

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ron McKeating
CC: Exim-Users \(E-mail\)
Betreff: Re: [exim] retries
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Ron McKeating wrote:

> OK did the following
>
> [root@slowcoach root]# ~exim/bin/exim -v -M 1C2W1N-0004Wn-MP

Not really good enough; you need -d to get the full debugging.
However...

> LOG: MAIN
> ** balloonlist@???: retry timeout exceeded
> LOG: MAIN
> <= <> R=1C2W1N-0004Wn-MP U=exim P=local S=3127

It did the "right" thing.

> It seems to keep getting a 451 error. I notice though that now it has
> disappeared from the queue and a bounce message has been sent back to
> the list owner. Not sure why this should happen when I do a manual
> delivery but not as part of the normal queue runs. Our retries say kill
> anything after 8 days.

This suggests a hyphothesis that there's some problem during queue runs.
So what you want to try is

exim -d -q 1C2W1N-0004Wn-MP 1C2W1N-0004Wn-MP

Of course, you need to substitute a message id for a message that is on
your queue. This will do a queue run, but only for the one message. The
environment should be the same as normal queue runs. The -d will get
full debugging - quite a lot of data. Probably best to 2>/some/file to
catch stderr in a file.