Re: [exim] Exim + Amavis + SpamAssassin

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim + Amavis + SpamAssassin
On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 19:54 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> What does it matter if I do it at SMTP or at delivery? Either way I don't
> get the mail. Besides, I like to check for false positives.

At SMTP time you can reject mail. At delivery time you cannot -- all you
could do is bounce it, usually to innocent third parties whose address
was faked as the sender. Your only option at delivery time, therefore,
is to silently drop the mail.

It is generally considered better to reject than to blackhole mail,
because a legitimate sender will notice a rejection when they get a
bounce for it. They won't get notified that their mail went into a black
hole.

> And if Exiscan was that easy to set up I probably would have set it up
> already.

Exiscan isn't hard to set up. What is it about your situation that makes
it hard?

--
dwmw2