Re: [exim] Cant send mail from local machine.

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Muir
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Cant send mail from local machine.
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> Hello .
> I'm running exim4 on a Debian testing box.
> I have a domain : *.rktmb.org
> The server IP is 195.140.140.180
> There is a web portal running on it.
>
> My personnal mail is hosted on that server, it is processed as local mail
> delivery.
>
> This is my exi4 conf file :
> http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/Members/mihamina/divers/exim4.txt/file_view

To my eye that looks fine. ACLs let mail from localhost and locally
submitted mail through.

> If the mail server was well configured, the members of the portal could
> receive mails from the portal.
>
> In fact, now, i'm the only one to receive mail from the portal.
>
> For example, if a member (who has an email adress such as yahoo or hotmail or
> whatever ) request the portal to mail a new password to him,
> the portal returns an 'authentication required' error.
>
> My problem is if I look at the conf file ( named
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template : is that the default name ? ) I told exim4
> not to require authentication for local domains ... but why would it insist
> to require auth ?

I suspect that the problem is in the way exim4 is packaged for Debian.
They have split the configuration file into many little ones that exist in
sub directories of /etc/exim4/conf.d - this may or may not be to your
liking.

I like it, but looking at the manual (man update-exim4.conf) if you put
your configuration in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf then that will be used instead
of any other file. If you want to put it in
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template then you will need edit
update-exim4.conf.conf and set dc_use_split_config='false' and to run
update-exim4.conf to update your exim configuration (but running
/etc/init.d/exim4 should do that for you).

Peter

--
Peter Muir
I am peter at bleepbleep.org.uk, http://bleepbleep.org.uk