[exim] Exim overparanoid about non-root users.

Author: David Woodhouse
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim overparanoid about non-root users.
The simple two-router config which serves as an example for the @mx_any
and match_domains problem also serves as an example for another problem
which previously annoyed me...

Exim is a little overzealous about preventing you from doing stuff when
you're not root. It won't let me run that simple test in debugging mode
-- despite the fact that it _will_ actually allow me to run the test,
and if I extended the config file it would still actually do deliveries
etc.

This actually bit me when I was setting up a queue-and-forward-only
installation fed from .procmailrc on a host on which I don't have root.
I _think_ it was working fine -- but I had to rebuild Exim have 'dwmw2'
as a hardcoded trusted user, before it would let me debug it.

Is there a reason for this, or could it be relaxed a bit?

--
dwmw2