Re: [exim] Size Limits

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Size Limits
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. <jnagyjr@???> wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a size limit on attachments that Exim
> will accept by default? If not, sorry for the dumb question.

Like most MTAs, Exim knows nothing about attachments - it doesn't look
inside the message body. It knows about message size - you can restrict the
maximum size of a message in an ACL, and make routing decisions based on
message size in a router.

There's no message size logic in the default config.

> Also, why isn't PGP/SMIME allowed?

Allowed by what/whom? Same comment as above - Exim doesn't look inside the
message body. With the exiscan-acl patch applied you can use the MIME
processing options to write ACLs based on the MIME structure of a message
and probably do stuff with signed/encrypted mails - but again, nothing in
the default config.

Peter