Re: [exim] New lines in an in-line ACL

Author: Doug Jolley
To: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New lines in an in-line ACL
> So maybe try it without them

Well, I'll be darned! It worked!

I actually thought that both of the approaches
I used should have worked. From your message
it sounds like you were only surprised that
it didn't work when I had the entire in-line
ACL on a single physical line which was
enclosed within double quotes and any
newlines were represented by \n. IOW, I take
it that you were not surprised that my having
real newline characters within the in-line ACL
didn't work even though the entire in-line ACL
was enclosed within double quotes. I would have
thought the double quotes would have allowed me
to embed real newline characters. If you'd care
to pass along why that doesn't work, I'd love to
hear it.

In any event, thanks a batch for the input.
It's working now!

     ... doug