Re: [exim] Exim not sending NMS FormMail messages

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: David Woodhouse, Bruce Kallick
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not sending NMS FormMail messages
At 7:40 am +0100 2004/09/08, David Woodhouse wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 20:18 -0500, Bruce Kallick wrote:
>>  On 9/7/04, at 8:00 AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>>  >    accept hosts   = 127.0.0.1
>  > >           control = submission

>> Thank you, David -- this didn't work when I added it where you suggested,
>> but instead I changed
>>
>>    require verify = header_sender
>>    accept hosts   = 127.0.0.1
>>    require verify = header_sender

>That will make your machine accept it, but what if there's anyone else
>out there who also does the same check? I suspect this outgoing mail is
>missing a From: header, which is why I suggested that you use
>'control=submission' to make Exim add one, rather than simply bypassing
>the checks.

the problem is:

The ACL modifiers are as follows:

control = <text>

    This modifier may appear only in ACLs for commands relating to incoming
    messages. It affects the subsequent processing of the message, provided
    that the message is eventually accepted. The text must be one of the words
    'freeze' or 'queue_only'.

It doesn't look like there is such "control = submission" modifier.

Giuliano