[exim] Project for Exim/Spamassassin Users - User Management

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Project for Exim/Spamassassin Users - User Management
Here's a project for some moderately sharp programmer that we can all
use. I'll spec it out and see where this goes.

The goal - to provide user management for end users for a variety of
settings that end email users can set themselves. I'm going to assume
you are using Exim - Spam Assassin and saslauthd or something similar.
Probably PHP is a good platform for this.

The user sees a login screen asking for their userid and password. This
is the same user id and password thet they use to get their email. It
will then run testsasldauth and authenticate against their email
account. Once they are authenticated - they will be presented with a
number of files to edit including a vacation message - white lists -
black lists - forwarding - etc. These will be saves as text files
somewhere inder /etc/exim or something like that. And example might be:

/etc/exim/prefs/user@???/blacklist

This interface will be all about managing persinal setting based on an
authenticated login.

On the backened we create Exim routers and filters to process this. As
to Blacklist/Whitelists - we set a header and pass that onto
spamassassin for scoring and clear the headers on return.

The main objective of this piece of code will be to authenticate and
allow editing of text files by the end user.

Who likes this idea and will write it?