Re: [exim] Exim Newbie Seeks Help ;)

Author: dave
To: Wakko Warner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Newbie Seeks Help ;)
Wakko Warner wrote:

>>><>Dave wrote:
>>>How can I send mail to "test@???" and have it delivered to my
>>>system user "usera"?. In sendmail I was used to the virtusertable which
>>>enabled me to point email addresses direct to a system user.
>>><<<
>>>
>>>In exim this is done via the aliases file (which normally sits in your
>>>/etc directory.)
>>>

>>Thanks - I tried the aliases file but couldn't get it to work. I have
>>this in my aliases file:
>>
>>usera@???: usera
>>test@???: usera
>>
>>Only the first line seems to work. When sending mail to test@???
>>it bounces back.
>>

>/etc/aliases by default does not use the domain part, just the local part.
>If you remove the @domain.com, it should work.
>
>You would need to change the lookup from $local_part to $local_part@domain
>to get this functionality. I did this myself, however, I called the file
>domainaliases and kept aliases as a global.

Unfortunately exim doesn't seem to be paying much attention to my
/etc/aliases file!

I have done as you have suggested above but this makes no difference.

/usr/exim/bin/exim -v -bt test@???
test@??? is undeliverable:
Unknown user

I have also removed the usera: usera entry from the aliases file but
mail is still delivered to the usera system account - is there anyway to
reject incoming mail if the address/users are not in the aliases file?

Thanks