Re: [exim] Exim Newbie Seeks Help ;)

Author: Wakko Warner
To: dave
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Newbie Seeks Help ;)
> ><>Dave wrote:
> >How can I send mail to "test@???" and have it delivered to my
> >system user "usera"?. In sendmail I was used to the virtusertable which
> >enabled me to point email addresses direct to a system user.
> ><<<
> >
> >In exim this is done via the aliases file (which normally sits in your
> >/etc directory.)
>
> Thanks - I tried the aliases file but couldn't get it to work. I have
> this in my aliases file:
>
> usera@???: usera
> test@???: usera
>
> Only the first line seems to work. When sending mail to test@???
> it bounces back.

/etc/aliases by default does not use the domain part, just the local part.
If you remove the @domain.com, it should work.

You would need to change the lookup from $local_part to $local_part@domain
to get this functionality. I did this myself, however, I called the file
domainaliases and kept aliases as a global.