Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned
On 25 Aug 2004 at 11:43, Philip Hazel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' cal":

| On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

| > I tend to agree with Tim that it would be useful to discourage
| > unthinking use of the empty sender with postmaster callouts -- hence the
| > suggestion that postmaster callouts shouldn't happen unless
| > 'postmaster_callout_sender' is explicitly set. I'm not _too_ set on that
| > part though -- I'd just like the option of specifying the source
| > address.
|
| On a matter of technical detail: I don't think it should be a global
| option (in the Exim 3 style). It should, if implemented, be another
| sub-option of the "callout" option in the ACL.
|
|     verify = sender/callout,postmaster,postmaster_sender=xxxx

How about just

     verify = sender/callout,postmaster[=xxxx]

and if you buy David's argument that explicitly specifying a sender
address should be required, making the '=xxxx' non-optional would
force existing installations using postmaster to add it when they
upgrade.

- Fred