Re: [exim] Peter could u help to fix it fix_never_users

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Peter could u help to fix it fix_never_users
Silly Billy said:
> Dear Peter,
>             I am new in using EXIM ... could u kindly
> help me out to sort out this error .. of
> fixed_never_user

I have been trying to do just that, but you don't seem to be reading what
I've been posting. Or if you have, you've not given any indication of it.
Here it is again:

>>> Then you attempted to do something dangerous, such as setting 'user =
>>> root' on a transport. I don't know why you'd want to do this on an SMTP
>>> transport, but it seems that's what you did.

>>Look at the definition of your 'remote_smtp' transport

Post the definition here if you can't spot what you've done. You've either
set 'user=root' on the transport, or on a router which calls it. Unless
you have very complex requirements, you don't need to set a user on such a
transport, and the one you've chosen to set conflicts with the security
settings you chose when you compiled Exim (fixed_never_users).

Peter