Re: [exim] How can I detect if exim is compiled with TLS?

Author: Olaf Föllinger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How can I detect if exim is compiled with TLS?
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 01:59:00PM +0100, John Burnham wrote:
> Olaf Föllinger wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm using exim on cygwin to deliver my mail to an exchange server as a
> >smarthost. Now I'm forced to use starttls.
> >
> >How can I detect if exim on cygwin supports tls that is if exim is
> >compiled with tls?
> >

> Try running exim -bV - it should have something under the support for:
> section. For example,
> Support for: iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS
> shows that the exim binary I queried supports TLS - GnuTLS.

Thanks.

$ exim -bV
Exim version 4.41 #1 built 23-Jul-2004 10:47:25
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Probably GDBM (native mode)
Support for: iconv() PAM OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch dbm dbmnz dnsdb
passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
Configuration file is /etc/exim.conf

Seems that tls is supported via OpenSSL, right?

Gruss Olaf Föllinger

--
Olaf Föllinger
Senior Consultant IT