Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought

Author: Andrzej Filip
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Andrzej Filip wrote:
>> What do you think about yet another timeout for connect only ?
>>
>> From my experience it makes difference if you wait for connection
>> establishment or response over established connection.
>
> I see your point, but I think it is probably making it all too
> complicated for people to understand.

You gave an example of site with dozens hosts (newsabuse.net). IMHO in such
case using very short (e.g. 2s) "connect only timeout" makes perfect sence.

It is up to you to make the final decision but let me quote Einstein:
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler".

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/ [ PageRank 6 ]