[Exim] Mail with Local_Part_Suffix Going to Two Locations

Author: Lloyd F. Tennison
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Mail with Local_Part_Suffix Going to Two Locations

I am trying to send mail that has a local_part_suffix to either two
transports or to two processes. I have tried using the the sample
spec in Exim - 42.7

new_userforward:
    driver = redirect
    check_local_user
    file = $home/.forward
    local_part_suffix = -*
    local_part_suffix_optional
    allow_filter
It runs a user's .forward file for all local parts of the form
*username-**. Within the filter file the user can distinguish different
cases by testing the variable $local_part_suffix. For example:
  if $local_part_suffix contains -special then
    save /home/$local_part/Mail/special
  endif

but receive errors stating: "unable to set gid=32044 or uid=32043
(euid=47).

I have the .foward file starting with the # Exim Filter comment -
some places say needed some say not. have tried both options
with the same results.

(Actually change Mail to mail - my setup uses lower case.)

(I also tried a deliver command deliver: me@??? -
same problem)

The purpose is to send Mailman bounces to an account that will be
manually reviewed - but not to prevent Mailman from also
handling. I cannot see anyway to do so in the aliases - wildcards
do not seem to be allowed - save entire local user.

Exim v. 4.34 is what is running.