Re: [Exim] maildirsize file corruption?

Author: Nathan Ollerenshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildirsize file corruption?
On Aug 13, 2004, at 5:31 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Ah. Looking more closely, I see that the default (i.e. "unset") value
> for the C attribute is zero.

Yup :)

> When Exim sees that line, it ends up with 0 for the C attribute, and
> that agrees with the appendfile configuration, so it doesn't recreate
> the file.

Thats what I figured.

>> Have I missed something?
>
> If you had set quota_filecount to something other than 0, it would
> have rewritten the file. Is the current behaviour causing a problem,
> or were you just trying to figure out what was happening?

Just trying to figure out what was happening. I've since added a
quota_filecount value. I've set it to 9999999 which should be enough
messages for anyone. We'll be using an extent based filesystem so
inodes is not an issue.

Thanks for you help as always, Philip :)

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/