Re: [Exim] Exim Load Problems

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Load Problems
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:37:47 -0400, Tom Daly wrote:
> I'm currently running exim 4.34 with about 140,000 messages on queue,
> Anyone have any ideas on how we can tune this box/exim for more
> performance?

Turn on split_spool_directory because 140,000 messages in a queue is a hell
of a lot of files in a directory for a conventional filesystem. Google for
FreeBSD filesystem tuning, and turn on soft updates.
--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security