[Exim] Exim Load Problems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tom Daly
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Exim Load Problems
I'm currently running exim 4.34 with about 140,000 messages on queue,
only totalling about 800 Megabytes of disk space. Exim runs very slow.
We max out at about 15,000 deliveries per hour. In comparison, we
recieve about 26,000 messages per hour.

The machine does not seem to be CPU or IO bound. We allow up to 48
queue runners simultaneously. We really need more than that, but
allowing more than that causes load averages in the 500 to 600 range.
Normal load averages run around <10.

The machine itself is a Dual Xeon 3.06 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, Ultra 320 RAID
Disks. The exim spool directory and the exim logging directory are
located on different RAID 10 logical disks. The operating system is
FreeBSD 4.9p8. We have HyperThreading turned on in the kernel.

Anyone have any ideas on how we can tune this box/exim for more performance?

Thanks in advance,
Tom Daly