Re: [Exim] ignoring pipes in .forward files

Author: Mark T. Valites
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ignoring pipes in .forward files
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> > A typical forward file currently looks like:
> >
> > \<user>, "|/usr/bin/vacation <user>"
>
> <snip>
>
> You could perhaps configure the router to allow pipes but set the
> pipe_transport option to point to a transport that does something other than
> run the pipe - perhaps an appendfile transport with file = /dev/null?

I ended up just commenting out a single line in one of the files of my
squirrelmail plugin. Luckily, there were only ~25 users with vacation
messages (out of ~10,000!), so it wasn't too bad to manually fix.

I don't need it anymore now, but maybe an option such as
"ignore_user_pipes" for the forward file router would be a useful wishlist
entry for others at some point?

-Mark

--
Mark T. Valites