RE: [Exim] Exim & remote MUAs - please check this?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Russell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Exim & remote MUAs - please check this?

> 1. The RFC1413 ident check will not elicit any response from any

remote based mail client
> that attempts to send email via SMTP, so it basically is just going to

cause a response
> delay in this case? So maybe I need to reduce the timeout?

I have to be honest but on any exim installation I do, I remove the
ident checks.

> 2. In order for such clients to send mail via SMTP, they must

authenticate?

No, they must just be permitted to relay via the relay_hosts
configuration directive, otherwise they`ll only be able to send to
local_domains.

> I have a large community of remote users with (for the most part)

Windows mail clients and
> since I installed Exim I have "broken" their ability to send email

outside the host domain.

Relay hosts.....

If your clients are "internet based" ie, are not based on a secured
IP/IP range and therefore cannot be put in relay hosts, then you should
implement SMTP auth.

Chris

The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the
addressee(s), nor copied in any way. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Knowledge Limited.

If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete it from
your system.