[Exim] Administrivia - Early Warning of exim.org move

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Administrivia - Early Warning of exim.org move
Although things are still a little fluid (ie I haven't got everything
going yet), I am looking towards moving the exim.org functions to the
new home at Cambridge University in the next week.

This is likely to occur next Wednesday (11 August), but may well slip.

General web and mail access to the new box will be exactly the same as
before, other than that the mail archives will be on a new URL (the old
archives will remain on the old path).

The ftp URLs will change (because the box will be hosting additional
projects in the future). This will unfortunately break anyone who
mirrors the ftp site or the rsync version of the ftp site.

There will be a short period, during the DNS changeovers, when things
may be erratic, and for example you may be unable to change your mailing
list subscriptions until this calms down.

All mailing list users will be subscribed to the new lists (with exactly
the same names as the old ones) - we cannot unfortunately take the
complete subscription info across due to differences in mailman
implementations, so passwords and options will be reset - this may mean
you start getting mail on an account that you have set to nomail.

This is going to be a slightly lumpy changeover, for which I apologies.
However its going to be a much better environment when the change has
been made....

    Nigel.