Re: [Exim] how to get rid of faked mail from own domain

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] how to get rid of faked mail from own domain
Tim Jackson said:
> Consider mailing lists (expansion-type) that don't rewrite the return
> path, forwarded mail that ends up back at you, etc. This means you
> shouldn't do this unless you are really sure you've thought through all
> the possible scenarios where mail with a "local" domain env sender might
> well be coming in on the external interface.

BT Internet (or whatever they're called now) do that - I have a mail
forwarding customer whose mail goes there; if he ever mails anyone else at
BT[internet|openworld|yahoo] and a bounce results, he never sees it - BT's
MXs reject mail coming in with a From: of *@btinternet.com :-(

Peter