Re: [Exim] how to get rid of faked mail from own domain

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Jackson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] how to get rid of faked mail from own domain
Hi Simon, on Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:36:33 +0100 you wrote:

i/face=external]

> I didnt write it but this is the rule I use to prevent spoofing of my
> own inteface if thats what you mean:

[snip example of blocking HELO of your.interface.IP]

I think Jae was trying to ask how to block mail with an envelope sender of
one of his local domains originating on the external interface.

Jae, you can do it with something like the following but, as David rightly
pointed out, it is probably not a good idea and you are likely to break
things.

deny   message   = Forged sender domain
       condition = ${if eq{$interface_address}{your.external.ip}{1}{0}}
       sender_domains = +local_domains

Consider mailing lists (expansion-type) that don't rewrite the return
path, forwarded mail that ends up back at you, etc. This means you
shouldn't do this unless you are really sure you've thought through all
the possible scenarios where mail with a "local" domain env sender might
well be coming in on the external interface.

Tim