RE: [Exim] Exim + Cyrus 1.5.19 recipient verification

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Hochstrasser Benedikt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Exim + Cyrus 1.5.19 recipient verification
Jeff Green wrote:

> I'm seeing a large number of delivery attempts to non-existent local

users,
> and I'd like to set up recipient verification and failure during the

SMTP
> dialog to avoid frozen bounce messages.

I've a similar setup where we're dealing with a company merger where
half of the users are on Exchange and the other half's on Lotus Notes.
In order to route the message for each user to the specific server (both
MsExch and Notes are too dumb for that) I use a simple list where I do
an lsearch for the name-part. If it doesn't match either router it gets
bounced.

To avoid expensive LDAP lookups at runtime I created a cron job script
that extracts the actual user list every night.

<snip>
# route to notes server
notes:
driver = manualroute
transport = local_smtp
domains = somedomain.com
route_list = * notes.domain.com byname
condition = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/notes-users.txt}
{yes} {no} }

# route to exchange server
exchange:
driver = manualroute
transport = local_smtp
domains = somedomain.com
route_list = * exchange.domain.com byname
condition = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/exchange-users.txt}
{yes} {no} }

# last chance: a redirection in redirect.txt
reject:
driver = redirect
cannot_route_message = There is no user "$local_part@$domain" on this
system.
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/redirect.txt}}
no_more

--
Ben