[Exim] Exim + Cyrus 1.5.19 recipient verification

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jeff Green
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Exim + Cyrus 1.5.19 recipient verification
I'm seeing a large number of delivery attempts to non-existent local users,
and I'd like to set up recipient verification and failure during the SMTP
dialog to avoid frozen bounce messages. The server is running Exim 4.30 and
Cyrus 1.5.19 (Debian/Woody), using the following delivery transport:

local_delivery_cyrus:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -m ${substr_1:${local_part_suffix}} --
${local_part}"
group = mail
log_output
message_prefix =
message_suffix =
return_output
user = cyrus

The logged error is:

2004-08-02 08:08:15 1BreQA-0003oe-NS ** uphold@???
R=local_user_cyrus T=local_delivery_cyrus: Child process of
local_delivery_cyrus transport returned 67 (could mean user nonexistent)
from command: /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver

I suspect that my challenge is the use of the pipe transport. The docs
continue on to say that LMTP can be implemented to allow interactive
delivery. At this point, however, I'm rather in the dark, suspecting that
this direction is going to ultimately result in a lack of LMTP capability
in this version of Cyrus. If anyone has travelled this road and might
suggest a pointer or two, or an alternate method of mailbox verification,
it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http//jbgreen.com       Networking Las Vegas Since 1986