Re: [Exim] meaning of -> , => , <= , ==, ...

Author: Richard.Hall
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] meaning of -> , => , <= , ==, ...
Close, but no cigar ;-)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Scott Call wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
>
> > I would like to know the meaning of those signs i find when tailing the
> > exim logfile.
>
> Welcome to exim. Quickly:
>
> <= = Message sucessfully recieved from the address on the log line
> => = Message successfully delivered to final (or only) address
> -> = Message successfully delivered to address in log line, but still more
> to go
> == = Message delivery not attempted (retry time not reached/etc)
> ** = Message delivery failed

Not quite. You've got => and -> slightly wrong. From spec.txt 45.5

  <=    message arrival
  =>    normal message delivery
  ->    additional address in same delivery
  *>    delivery suppressed by -N
  **    delivery failed; address bounced
  ==    delivery deferred; temporary problem

i.e => is the _first_ (address in a) delivery, not the last.

> -Scott

HTH,
Richard