Re: [Exim] [Exim4] I'm open relay: How not to be ?

Author: Steven J. Sobol
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Exim4] I'm open relay: How not to be ?
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> >>domainlist relay_domains = *
> [...]
> > Change that domainlist to list only the domains that you want to relay to
> > from anywhere - could be none if everything is covered in local_domains.
>
> But ... it's mail server ... a smtp server used by 5 or 6 peolple of a
> organisation.

With all due respect, that is a PATHETIC excuse to allow relay from
anyone and anywhere.

> As well as the users use it from their home (with an DSL dynamical IP
> line), the only solution for me is to implement smtp authentication.

Only? Not sure that's true. I would say it's the BEST solution, however.
You will need to have your users reconfigure their email clients.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@???
Apple Valley, California     Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.