Re: [Exim] pipelining, ratware, and crapware

Author: Scott Call
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] pipelining, ratware, and crapware
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Tony Finch wrote:

> Perhaps it would be nice to only enforce_sync selectively, but sadly I
> can't do that because the configuration setting isn't expanded.

I, for one, would be most grateful for the ability to turn off
enforce_sync for selected IPs. Over 80% of customer calls about mail
service that get referred to me (ie not settings/other luser issues) are
these new fangled fax/scan/print devices that seem to have really poorly
done embedded SMTP servers in them. They almost always either send an IP
(not IP-Literal) on HELo, and/or break the lockstep on SMTP. Now I know
it's not exim's problem that these are broken, but as they are the
cu$tomer$, it would be nice not to have to tell them to yell at Toshiba
about it.

-S