Re: [Exim] [Exim4] I'm open relay: How not to be ?

Autor: Rakotomandimby Mihamina
A: David Brodbeck
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [Exim4] I'm open relay: How not to be ?
David Brodbeck wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're trying to do with
> auth_relay_hosts; if you're not sure either, comment out the ACL for it.

with auth_relay_hosts, i'm trying to make an "autehticated smtp". I mean
user should authenticate before to be allowed to use the smtp server ...
I guess i dont have the right way to make it.

But.

If I read the comments in the conf File, I should put the user in a file
named /etc/exim/passwd (as writen in the suggested line...) ... with
the encrypted passwd in the second column.

What do I encrypt it with ? how to crypt it with that ?

My users use Mozilla Thunderbird as MUA. I see no possibility in that
MUA (no checkbox) the encrypt passwd from the MUA. So: client-side
encryption is not possible ...

You see ? I still neeed to learn much ... :-) I guess you'll help me
going through ... :-P

--
Rakotomandimby Mihamina Andrianifaharana
Tel : +33 2 38 76 43 65