Re: [Exim] Checking for valid accounts in a mail from relays

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Checking for valid accounts in a mail from relays
Andrey Tverdokhleb <hardloaf@???> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:41:45 +0100, Peter Bowyer <peter@???>
> wrote:
>> I wouldn't find it easy to define - but if you think you can, you
>> could probably knock up a data acl which looks in To: and cc: for
>> stuff. What happens the first time someone bcc's you ?
>>
> bcc is not an issue. I may want to let it pass or kill it - depends on
> mood. Those tons of messages I'm trying to fight now are very straight
> and have To: defined to some non-existing accounts in my domain. So if
> I get rid of them without "smart" spam filtering I'll be more than
> happy :)

So you're actually trying to drop mails addressed to a defined list of To:
headers? I thought it was the other way round. My misunderstanding.

> So it looks like exim doesn't have a mechanism to process this kind of
> filtering. Very sad.

As you seem to enjoy saying, read what I wrote.

>> you
>> could probably knock up a data acl which looks in To: and cc: for
>> stuff.

A data acl or a system filter could probably do this. It wouldn't
necessarily be pretty. If you put the valid addresses in a file, something
like

drop condition = ${lookup{$header_to:}lsearch {/path/to/file}{1}{0}}

Not sure what this will do with multiple headers, multi-value headers, etc.
But it's somewhere to start.

Peter