Re: [Exim] disabling a system user

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] disabling a system user
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 06:49:30PM -0500, JupiterHost.Net said:
> Howdy group,
>
> I know this is simple but I just can't seem to find it.
>
> What do I add to the configuration file if I want to make it so a system
> user (IE exists in /etc/passwd) can not send mail at all period whether
> its through a script or a direct SMTP session even if it authenticated
> via SMTP.
>
> IE if I gave you the user, pass and hostname you could not use that info
> to send mail.

If you just want to prevent relaying, don't advertise authentication and
remove any accept directives that hinge on 'authenticated = *' in your
acl's. Then if you want to prevent local users from mailing outside of
your domain, turn of 'accept hosts = :' in your acl's. The machine will
still receive mail for local accounts, but won't send out to anywhere
else - this will break mail forwarding, but that's up to you. If you
want to prevent local users from sending to each other, remove exim :)

When you say 'through a script', I generally think of direct injection
via the binary. I am not sure how the above would apply to all of this.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Many pages make a thick book.           |
|  steve@???             |                                         |