Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim

Author: Nathan Ollerenshaw
To: Jeyanolipavan, Raviraj
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] What is better OS for Exim
On Jul 28, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Jeyanolipavan, Raviraj wrote:

> We are in the process of upgrading our exim mail hubs
>
> Currently we are using 3 SUN Ultra10's.
>
> Which are heavily loaded, as our mails filtered through Message labs,
> which only send mail to one Hub? With one fallback
>
> We might have to use load balancer to receive mails on all hubs. Which
> is an option?
>
> We are planning to move to Linux probably SUSI, purely on the bases of
> cost oh Hardware.
>
> What would you recommend? And advise?

This is my favourite mix right now:

As a base, buy an IBM 306.
Take one part Fedora Core 2.
Mix Exim 4, Courier IMAP and OpenLDAP 2.
Add a sprinkle of FC2's spamassassin package.
A dollop of ClamAV.
Smooth out with Ilohamail icing.
phpLDAPadmin for the gui.
Repeat & cluster with some kind of back-end NFS.

Use the Sun boxes as boat anchors.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/