Re: [Exim] exim-4.34/spamassassin looping

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim-4.34/spamassassin looping
Hi Mark, on Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:46:48 -0400 (EDT) you wrote:

> exim-4.34/exiscan-4.34-22, compiled from source

[snip]
> My spamassassin router & transport look like this:

[snip standard-looking-at-a-glance spam router/transport]

You mention that you're using Exiscan, but then go onto configure
SpamAssassin the "old" way using routers/transports. Is this intentional?
What are you using Exiscan for if not for this? Have you considered
calling SA from Exiscan instead? Then you would do away with the whole
clumsy reinjecting messages back into Exim and certainly the problem you
describe (looping messages) would go away. I'm guessing that there may
also be some small performance gain (perhaps significant on large scales
like yours?) by not having to fork a spamc process and then re-exec Exim
for each message.

(also, if you're planning to do any rejection based on the SA results -
please make sure you're not generating collateral spam. Thanks.)

Anyway, with all the above in mind, to answer your actual question - it's
just a typo:

> spamassassin_router:

[snip]
>   "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Status:} \
>               {!eq {$received_protocol}{spamassassin-scanned}} \

> spamassassin_transport:

[snip]
> command = /path/to/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS

Whoops :) Make those two match and it should work. I can't immediately
account for why this isn't causing *all* of your mail to loop, though...

HTH,

Tim