Re: [Exim] multiple recipients & plus addressing on mutiple …

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] multiple recipients & plus addressing on mutiple domain server using lmtp
TN wrote:

> the documentation for exim states that if there is a reference to
> $local_part in any options in the transport, then batch processing of
> local mesages is not possible (ie. disabled), so I believe that batch
> processing shouldn't be happening in my case, since I have a reference
> to $local_part.

According to the spec, this automatic behavior does not apply to the
"smtp" transport, but then batch_max isn't an option for the smtp
transport anyway. For using the smtp transport as you are using it, the
correct option is "max_rcpt = 1", which is not automatically determined
by exim.

> What is more strange though, is if I try putting in the option anyway,
> exim complains that there's no such option as batch_max is unknown.

Right, that was my mistake, batch_max only applies to
appendfile/pipe/lmtp transports, and defaults to 1 anyway. The correct
option is max_rcpt.