Re: [Exim] multiple recipients & plus addressing on mutiple …

Author: TN
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] multiple recipients & plus addressing on mutiple domain server using lmtp
Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> If there is a message being routed to this transport, and the transport
> is going to handle multiple recipients of that message, then
> "$local_part" has no meaning, because the message is being delivered to
> multiple recipients. In a transport, "$local_part" refers to the
> recipient, not the sender. It's not likely that using a single local
> part as the authenticated sender would work in this transport anyway,
> because they would not have to access to post into each recipient's
> subfolders.
>
> If you want this to work in this way, you will have to add "batch_max=1"
> to this transport, and suffer the consequences... there will be more
> server load, and you will defeat Cyrus' single-instance-store for
> multiple copies of the same message. I have been running my servers this
> way for quite some time, and I don't mind giving up those features. What
> I get out for the effort is never having to add "anyone p" ACLs to
> subfolders, nor do my users need to do that.

Thanks Kevin,

the documentation for exim states that if there is a reference to
$local_part in any options in the transport, then batch processing of
local mesages is not possible (ie. disabled), so I believe that batch
processing shouldn't be happening in my case, since I have a reference
to $local_part.

What is more strange though, is if I try putting in the option anyway,
exim complains that there's no such option as batch_max is unknown.